Team of 13
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Nicole Hess – Vice President of Brokerage Division
M.E. Dey is a full-service Customs Broker and Freight forwarder. Our head office in Milwaukee has a staff of 60 people, and an additional two branch offices in Chicago and Long Beach. We are looking for a licensed customs broker for our head office to lead our Milwaukee Customs Brokerage Team of 13. This individual should have comprehensive knowledge about the importing process, government agencies, and other applicable laws with strong classification skills.
- Managing work volumes for brokerage team and ensuring coverage and cross-training for vacations and sick days and ensuring service levels are met.
- Assist staff with entry compliance details to satisfy Customs regulations (HTS Classification/ADD review/PGA review)
- Experience in classification of various commodities to assist staff with needed classification of entries.
- Monitor that Brokerage and customer service KPI’s are met by staff. (shipment release/billing/dispatch to trucker)
- Assist staff as needed with billing errors, CBP transmission, credit controls, customer communications as needed
- Handle Entries for short staff situations and difficult entries as needed
- Regulate and approve requested time off for team
- Conduct training of new staff on operational processes
- Supervise & mentor staff. Help identify necessary training needed
- Reinforce key corporate service objectives & values
- Assist management with finding efficiencies in operations
- Previous Entry writing experience for a Customs Broker
- Strong Classification skills experience.
- Free trade agreement verification knowledge/experience
- Licensed Customs Broker
- Proficient in Microsoft suite with strong Excel Skills
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations and import processes
- Some previous management/supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to analyze information, think through difficult problems, and make critical decisions based on limited information
- Ability to effectively interact with varying position levels including senior management
Bachelor’s degree preferred but will consider individuals with strong industry experience.
CargoWise software experience preferred but not required.