- Responsible for coordinating the export and movement of cargo for clients, including the booking, management, and distribution of documents and information related to the export function.
- Provide customer support to all vendors, suppliers, agents, and government agencies to facilitate the export process while ensuring export compliance.
- Timely preparation of all required documentation (Letter of credit, Ocean Bill of Lading, Service Report Log, etc.) for export functions.
- Ensure that the export process is following company and industry quality assurance standards (ISO, Customs, etc.)
- Issue statistical or detailed reporting for customers as requested.
- AES filing
- Booking & coordination of the most cost-effective and efficient means to export goods within customers’ requirements.\
- Data entry of shipment in CW with timely updates
- Notes are read and work notes are entered.
- Track shipments to incoterms destination.
- Billing of services to customer
- Communicate with the customer regarding shipment details, requirements, and status updates.
- Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards including but not limited to:
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval.
- Basic knowledge of Export process including:
- Denied parties
- ECCN numbers
- AES filing
Preferred but not Required
- Working knowledge of CargoWise software application
- Certified Export Specialist Certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite. Basic working knowledge of Excel. Advanced knowledge preferred
- Desk management – organization & management of emails.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team player.
- Ability to work independently and manage desk to defined service levels.
- Communicate with manager when unable to meet service levels.
- Problem-solving skills